By Ryan McNeill
I recently had the pleasure of chatting with former NBA player Bay Forrest. While that name may not be familiar to a lot of basketball fans this interview is worth listening to because he had a lot of interesting stories about his basketball career such as turning down UCLA and North Carolina to play for a small Christian college with his brothers and being the first player to turn down a NBA contract to play amateur ball for a year.
Some of the topics that we covered in our chat were:
- Why he choose Grand Canyon College over big-name schools like UCLA, Duke and North Carolina
- Being a three time All-American at Grand Canyon College
- What is was like to play win a National Championship with his younger and older brother at Grand Canyon
- Why he turned down a contract worth $625,000 by the Kansas City Kings following his junior season
- Why he decided to turn down the Seattle Supersonics after they drafted him following his senior season with the #19th overall pick
- Being the first player in the history of the NBA to turn down a contract to play with an amateur team.
- His experiences playing for Athletes in Action
- His experiences playing for the Phoenix Suns
- The work he is doing with Focus Ministries
Click here to listen to this Hoops Addict Podcast.